This year, we are lucky to be holding our Halloween Milonga on the 31st!
– We’ll start earlier at 8 PM and go all the way until midnight.
– Get your costumes ready! There will be a contest, and 2 prizes will be given, one to the best-dressed male and one for the best-dressed female.
– Since this is a weekday event, we won’t be offering our usual spread of food. We will have some sweet treats for any Trick or Treaters in attendance.
– Cover: $10 , $8 for full-time students
We look forward to seeing everyone there. Don’t miss out!
Next week, our class schedule will change to accommodate Thanksgiving.
Sunday, October 8
No class and no práctica.
Monday, October 9
Tuesday, October 10
“Tango with brigitte and Francis” and the Weekly Milonga will take place as usual.
Wednesday, October 11
The Sunday Práctica, the next Mini-Session (topic TBA), and Monday and Wednesday classes will resume the week of October 15.
We wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
The Embassy of Uruguay will be hosting Uruguay Day as part of the Ottawa Welcomes the World initiative. They have invited us to participate, so it will be a busy afternoon of tango at the Horticulture Buildling at Lansdowne Park.
(If you didn’t already know, tango is not solely a Argentinian invention. There’s a long history of tango in Uruguay, and many important figures in tango’s history, such as Francisco Canaro, were Uruguayan. Click here to read a short article about how Uruguay and Argentina teamed up in 2009 to bid for tango’s UNESCO Cultural Intangible status.)
- 3:30 – 4:15 PM: Free tango lesson with Francis and brigitte
- 4:30 – 5:00 PM: A short milonga
- 5:00 – 5:30 PM: Dance on live tango music of the uruguayan singer Elbio Fernandez
- 6:00 – 6:30 PM: A performance by the Friends of the NAC Orchestra to celebrate the centennial of “La Cumparsita”
It will be an all-day immersion into Uruguayan culture, with food and wine tastings, a soccer clinic, and candombe later in the evening.
Of course, we will be heading back to 317 Chapel Street, and there will be a Sunday Práctica as usual at 7:00 PM.
See you on the dance floor!