Join us for a Siempre Tango road trip to Montreal the weekend of March 6-8. (Someone correct us if we’re wrong, but we think this is the first official Siempre road trip.)
We’re going to go see (and dance to) the La Juan D’Arienzo Orchestra and drop into different milongas throughout the weekend.
If you’ve been dancing for a while but haven’t visited Montreal to dance, it’s a perfect way for you to explore Montreal’s tango scene surrounded by your friends!
More importantly, this is a rare chance to dance to a 10-piece orquesta tipica. Check out this video to see what we’re really excited about: https://youtu.be/vl7M2TAKoic
We’ll rendezvous as group for a couple of meals and at certain milongas.
You can download this PDF to keep with you for a handy guide.
Friday, March 6
– Meet up at 6:30 PM for dinner before the Milonga. It will be Madison Bar and Grill, which is 5 min walking distance from the milonga venue. We need a final count by Wednesday, March 4, so email us and let us know if you want to join. .
– Followed by Milonga with La Juan D’Arienzo Orchestra (Milonga starts at 8 PM, and the Orchestra begins their 1.5-hour set around 9:30 PM.) Here is the link to buy your ticket.
Saturday, March 7
Group meetup for brunch/lunch
WHERE: Santropol, 3990 rue Saint-Urbain
There are several options for tango in the afternoon.
At Montango (5588A, rue Sherbrooke Ouest), they are having Tanguerafest.
- 12:00 – 12:30 PM – Yoga warm-up with Andrea Shepherd – $10
- 12:30 – 2.00 PM – Tanguera Technique workshop with Caroline Demers – $30
- 2:15 – 3:45 PM – Tanguera Technique workshop with Corinne Krikorian – $30
- 4:00 – 7:00 PM – La Práctica A Media Luz special edition with wine and cheese and annual tango clothing swap – $7 plus donation to participate in clothing swap
At Las Piernas (1252, rue de Bleury)
3:00 – 6:00 PM – Afternoon practica – $10
At Tangueria (6396, rue Saint-Hubert)
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Intermediate Class – not sure about price
- 12:30 – 1:30 PM – Milonga Class – $15
- 1:30 – 4:30 PM – Afternoon Milonga – $10
9:30 PM – 3:00 AM
We will be meeting up at the Saturday Night Milonga at Tango Social Club – $13
Address: 7755 boulevard St-Laurent
If you don’t want to go to TSC, there is another milonga on Saturday night at Montango.
9:00 PM – 1:00 AM – A special event for Tanguerafest with DJ Eldita and door prizes – $12
Sunday, March 8
Some of us will be leaving for Ottawa to hold the Sunday Práctica. Of course, you might want to stay for tango on Sunday afternoon. Up to you!
It’s up to you to take care of your accommodation. Perhaps go in with a few people to share an AirBnb in Montreal!
If you would like to drive, please let us know or post up on the Facebook Event page so that others can catch a ride with you.