Every year, we bring internationally-known tango instructors to Ottawa so that they can share their knowledge with us. The instructors we choose to bring are not only inspiring dancers and performers, but they are also great teachers.
July 17 – 18, 2018: Paloma Berrios and Maximiliano Alvarado
Paloma Berrios and Maximiliano Alvarado will visit Ottawa for the first time in July 2018. Spread your tango horizons with these dynamic dancers and warm personalities. To read more about them, visit their website. And see their recent demos here and here.
Tuesday, July 17: One workshop and a welcome milonga at 317 Chapel Street.
- 7:00 – 8:30 PM — Cadencia and connection (all levels)
- 8:30 PM – Midnight — Come welcome our visitors at our Tuesday Milonga, which will feature a special performance by Paloma and Maxi
Wednesday, July 18: Two workshops at Knox Presbyterian, 120 Lisgar Street. (Please enter using the entrance on Elgin Street closest to the Whalesbone and go upstairs!)
- 6:30 – 8:00 PM — Rock steps in double time for milonga (Int-Adv)
- 8:15 – 9:45 PM — Turns in close and open embrace (Int-Adv)
Jewel will be in charge of this event. Want to register? Have questions? Talk to her in person at Tuesday Milongas and Sunday Prácticas, or email her at email@example.com.
To ensure the best experience for all participants, all classes will be role-balanced. Please register and pay in full to reserve your spot.
- Per class: $35
- For all three classes: $90
- Tuesday milonga: $15, paid at the door
Payment accepted: Cash, checks (made out to Jewel Aldea), and e-transfert.
Paloma and Maxi will be giving private lessons on Tuesday and Wednesday. Lessons are $120 per hour (they teach as a team), plus a $10 floor fee. Email Jewel to schedule.