Francis and Brigitte Caron are vibrant and intimate dancers, whose style is fueled by their own relentless curiosity and playful, musical natures.
They have been performing together since 2003.
They can offer choreographed shows as well as improvised demos for your next event. Contact them here for more information and booking.
They’ve performed at:
- Privy Council of the Prime Minister
- Ottawa’ s Corel Center
- The Canadian Museum of Civilization
- Quebec City’s Avenue Tango
- The National Arts Center
- The University of Ottawa
- Various events for Embassy of Argentina
- The NAC’s 4th Stage, with “Alicia Borisonik and the Argentine Project“
- Ottawa’s Arts Court, as the choreographers, dancers, and directors of “Abrazos,” a piece for the Dance Kapital Festival
In July 2017, they took part in the Embassy of Uruguay’s edition of Uruguay Day, as part of the “Ottawa Welcomes the World“ initiative to celebrate Canada 150.
Promoting the Arts
Francis and Brigitte have also worked towards promoting the arts in Ottawa and the National Capital region.
They were selected to join MASC, a organization that brings artists into public schools, from 2004 – 2006.
- In 2005, Brigitte and Francis received a grant from the Ontario Arts Council to teach Argentine Tango at De La Salle High School, auditioning and directing students for a group choreography.
- From March to October 2006, they mentored the creation of a modern dance piece based on Argentine Tango at De La Salle.