Payments are due before class begins. Cash and cheque are accepted. Refunds cannot be given for missed classes once the session begins, except in extenuating circumstances.
Pre-registration is required, as all classes are role-balanced (or even-numbered, in the case of role-switching classes).
If you attend class with a partner, you don’t have to switch (but it’s more fun if you do). If you do not have a partner, you must rotate partners throughout class.
For the month of June 2022:
- In classes and prácticas, please wear a well-fitting mask unless you are eating and drinking.
- At the milonga, the first half requires all attendees to wear a mask. During the second, masks are optional.
If you are ill, please stay home. If you test positive and attended a tango event while you possibly were contagious, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can contact others and isolate accordingly. You will be anonymous, so please do your part.
When you attend a Siempre Tango Ottawa event, participants agree to our rules of conduct whether they are explicitly mentioned during the event or if the participants have had the opportunity to review the rules beforehand.
Safety comes first. It’s hard or impossible to have fun if we don’t feel safe. Any behavior that endangers our partner, others, or the organizers will be addressed immediately.
- Be welcoming and practice with others.
- Be mindful about your personal grooming.
- Feedback about comfort and safety is always acceptable. Everyone should adapt to create a comfortable embrace and a sense of respect and safety.
- Discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, profession, dance skills and/or dance role is unacceptable.
- Harassment of any form (verbal, physical, psychological or virtual) is prohibited at our events. Unwelcomed behavior, especially repeated after boundaries are voiced, will be addressed immediately. (Harassment includes, and is not limited to, offensive verbal comments, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of events, and unwelcome sexual attention.)
- Any form of unwanted touch will not be tolerated and addressed immediately. Physical contact outside the tango embrace including, but not limited to, upper torso, ribs, waist or lower back, must involve the consent of both parties.
- Dancers uncomfortable with tango movements including, but not limited to, close embrace, leg wrap or sacadas, are encouraged to share their preferences and boundaries. It is allowed and encouraged to share those preferences at any time before, during, or after the dance. Disregard of verbal or non-verbal boundaries are strictly prohibited.
- Excessive instruction or feedback other than by an instructor or appointed teaching assistant is unwelcome.
- We occasionally photograph or video at events for promotional purposes. We respect each individual’s preference for privacy. Please speak to us if you would rather not be filmed or photographed. In terms of photography taken by individuals, please be mindful of others who might not want to have images published publicly on social media. Permission is to be asked before posting or using those photos.