Edited: May 12, 2022
I took a couple of days to recover from the whirlwind of the last two weeks, and wanted to wrap up my thoughts on Tomás’ latest visit:
Tomás and I really didn’t know what to expect in terms of turnout. As much as we don’t like to point this out, we are still in the middle of the pandemic, and we went into this understanding that fewer people would show up than normal, whether it’s because their risk calculus doesn’t include tango or they no longer want to adhere to masking rules.
So to have good turnout for the workshops, presentation, and milonga, and to feel the enthusiasm in the air was such a wonderful thing. Tomás loved seeing new faces, appreciated everyone taking precautions seriously, and looks forward to partying more as we move out of the pandemic.
I wanted to take this space to give a big THANK YOU to Tomás Howlin for sharing his endless knowledge and wisdom! We feel inspired to grow as dancers and tango learners. I would also like to thank Tomás for his long-time support of Siempre Tango Ottawa and our aim to create a thriving tango community.
There are several people to thank, as I cannot make events like this possible without a lot of help:
- To Elizabeth, who coordinated the potluck contiributions and created the gorgeous flower arrangement: Thank you for continuing to make Milonga La Capital a happy, hospitable, and beautiful event.
- To Marcel: Thank you for always being there to help in every class and every event!
- To Leanna and Lise Mainville: Thank you for your continued support and for helping me with the little things that make such a difference!
- To Bruno, who DJ’d the May 7 La Capital: Thank you for the wonderful music! I seriously wanted to clap after a few of those tandas.
- To those who brought food for the potluck: Thank you for keeping us well-fed with delicious goodies! (I was worried when I only saw a few names on the sign-up list, but the Ottawa tango community always goes above and beyond when it comes to food!)
- To everyone who attended workshops: Thank you for your effort and patience! We will always strive to do better with each event, and look forward to seeing you again.
Stay tuned for more news about future events and guest teachers!
To ensure the best experience for all participants:
- all classes will be role-balanced except for the Presentation before the May 7 milonga
- level designations (all level, intermediate, advanced) will be imposed
- class sizes will be limited
- as of this update (April 25, 2022), a well-fitting mask will be required to attend all events
Please use this form to register for classes. You will receive payment info after you’ve registered.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us via email.